Synology RackStation RS818RP-PLUS NAS Server
Synology RackStation RS818RP+ 4-bay SATA Quad-Core Redundant NAS Server – Brand New
Synology RackStation RS818RP+ Network Attached Storage Server includes…
- 2x eSATA port
- 2x USB 3.0 port
- 4x Ethernet RJ45 1Gb LAN ports
- Intel Atom C2538 Quad Core 2.4 GHz
- 2GB DDR3 ECC Ram, expandable up to 16GB (8 GB x 2)
- 4 drive bays, expandable to 8 when paired with an expansion unit
- accepts 3.5″ and 2.5″ SATA hard drives and 2.5″ SATA solid-state drives.
Synology RackStation RS818RP+ is a 1U 4-bay rackmount NAS designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Powered by a quad-core processor with AES-NI hardware encryption engine, RS818RP+ provides both high performance and scalable storage, ideal for centralizing data backups, protecting critical assets, and sharing files across different platforms.
High-speed Scalable Storage Server
Synology RS818RP+ is a 4-bay network attached storage solution equipped with a quad-core processor and 2GB DDR3 memory (expandable up to 16GB). RS818RP+ supports one optional 10GbE add-in network interface card, and with Link Aggregation enabled, RS818RP+ delivers high sequential throughput performance at over 1,099 MB/s reading and 401 MB/s writing.
RS818RP+ can support up to 8 drives when connected to one Synology RX418 expansion unit. Storage capacity can be expanded according to your business needs with minimal effort.
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
RS818RP+ introduces the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern businesses:
- Built-in data integrity check detects data and file system corruption with data and meta-data checksums and improves the overall stability
- Flexible Shared Folder/User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control over all user accounts and shared folders.
- Advanced snapshot technology with a customizable backup schedule allows up to 1,024 copies of shared folder backups in a minimum 5-minute interval without occupying huge storage capacity and system resources.
- File or folder level data restoration brings huge conveniences and saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
- File self-healing: Btrfs file system can auto-detect corrupted files with mirrored metadata, and recover broken data using the supported RAID volumes, which include RAID1, 5, 6, and 10.
Comprehensive Business Applications
Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), RS818RP+ comes fully-equipped with applications and features designed specifically for small or growing businesses:
- Windows® AD and LDAP support allow easy integration with existing business directory services.
- Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing RS818RP+ to fit seamlessly into existing infrastructure.
- Internet file access is simplified by the encrypted FTP server and the web-based file explorer, Synology File Station. HTTPS, firewall, and IP auto-block support ensure file sharing over the Internet is protected with a high level of security
- Application Privileges controls access to applications and packages based on each individual account, user group, or IP address.
- MailPlus allows your business to set up a secure, reliable, and private mail server while giving your employees a modern mail client for receiving and sending messages.
- With Synology Office, Calendar, and Chat, the powerful Collaboration Suite allows secure and efficient private communications as well as the content organization that your business can easily manage and control.
Synology’s Virtual Machine Manager adds unlimited capabilities to your NAS. Set up and run various virtual machines, including Windows, Linux, and Virtual DSM so that you can test new software versions in a sandbox environment, isolate your customers’ machines, and increase the flexibility of your RS818RP+ with reduced hardware deployment and maintenance costs.
Synology iSCSI storage fully supports most virtualization solutions to enhance work efficiency with a simple management interface. VMware vSphere™ 6.5 and VAAI integration helps offload storage operations and optimizes computation efficiency. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) speeds up data transfer and migration rates, while OpenStack Cinder support turns your Synology NAS into a block-based storage component.
Reliability, Availability & Disaster Recovery
System reliability is of paramount importance to businesses that depend upon their commercial servers every day. RS818RP+ responds to these concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features:
- Synology High Availability ensures a seamless transition between clustered servers in the event of server failure with minimal impact on applications
- Redundant power supplies system fans and network ports with failover support to ensure maximum continuous service uptime.
- High-reliability system design including fan-less CPU heat-sink and passive cooling technology, preventing single points of failure.