DS1819+ Synology Scalable 8-bay NAS
DS1819+ Synology is an 8-bay NAS designed for small and medium-sized businesses, providing
outstanding performance with great expandability. With various built-in applications and comprehensive
data protection technologies, DS1819+ fulfils different business needs while safeguarding users’ valuable
digital assets. DS1819+ is backed up by Synology’s 3-year limited warranty.
Scalable Storage with Outstanding Performance
DS1819+ is an 8-bay desktop network attached storage built with great scalability
and performance, ideally suitable for growing businesses. You can easily scale it up to
18 drives with two expansion unit DX5174
when needing more storage capacity. In
addition, M.2 SSD adapter M2D183
is available for you to supercharge the random
IOPS through SSD cache, while an optional 10Gb Ethernet adapter escalates data
transmission bandwidth to meet intensive workload demands.
DS1819+ is equipped with one quad-core processor and 4 GB memory1 (upgradable
to 32 GB), delivering sequential throughput at over 2,045 MB/s reading and 656 MB/s
writing under aggregated 10Gb Ethernet environment2
. The built-in four Gigabit LAN
ports support failover and Link Aggregation. DS1819+ can also be deployed with your
existing virtualization environments with its dynamic virtual machine certificates.
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
DS1819+ introduces the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage
technologies to meet the management needs of modern businesses:
• Advanced snapshot technology with customizable backup schedule allows shared
folders to be backed up in a minimum 5-minute interval, without consuming heavy
• File and folder level data restoration brings huge conveniences and saves time for
users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
• Flexible Shared Folder and User Quota System provides comprehensive quota
control on all user accounts and shared folders.
• File self-healing: Btrfs file system is able to auto-detect corrupted files with
mirrored metadata, and recover broken data using the supported RAID volumes,
including RAID1, 5, 6, and 10.
• Advanced LUN offered by the cutting-edge iSCSI service built for administrators
provides lightning-fast snapshot creation, recovery and cloning.
Ultimate Backup Solution
DS1819+ integrates various backup applications to safeguard your important data on any
device with an intuitive user interface and durable storage technologies.
• Desktop backup: Cloud Station Backup safeguards your PC, Mac, and other desktop
devices. DS1819+ is also compatible with Time Machine, allowing you to effortlessly
backup your Mac to Synology NAS.
• NAS backup: Hyper Backup comprehensively backs up your data to a local shared folder,
an external device, another Synology NAS, an rsync server, or a public cloud service to
ensure data safety.
• Server/VMware backup: Active Backup for Business centralizes backup tasks for VMware
virtual machines, Windows PC, servers, and rsync/SMB file servers. Fast and reliable
recovery options ensure running services, VMs and files instantly available when needed.
• SaaS backup: Active Backup for Office 365/G Suite is an on-premise backup solution
for public clouds with a centralized dashboard, optimizing storage efficiency through the
single instancing and block-level deduplication technology.
Powerful Collaboration Solution
Use the collaboration suite on your Synology NAS to build a private cloud to enhance
team cooperation and boost productivity.
• Synology Drive allows you to access the data and files on Synology NAS through a
unified portal and supports cross-platform synchronization to allow anywhere data
access. You can also install the online editor Synology Office and collaborate with others
on Document, Spreadsheet, and Slides.
• Synology MailPlus allows your business to set up a private and reliable mail server with
the support of high-availability design and gives your employees an intuitive web-based
client to manage emails and boost productivity.
• Synology Calendar enables you to manage team schedules and organize daily tasks
effortlessly. Event information can also be synced to your CalDAV clients, allowing you to
check schedules anywhere and anytime.
• Synology Chat is a web-based application that allows you to start conversations
instantly and safely and optimizes companies’ internal communications with its powerful
information management and interaction features.
Effortless Virtualization Deployment
Synology’s Virtual Machine Manager adds boundless capabilities to your NAS. Set
up and run various virtual machines including Windows, Linux, and Virtual DSM
on your NAS to test new software versions in a sandbox environment, isolate your
customers’ machines, and increase the flexibility of your DS1819+ with reduced hardware
deployment and maintenance costs. Synology iSCSI storage fully supports most
virtualization solutions to enhance work efficiency with a simple management interface.
VMware vSphere™ 6.5 and VAAI integration helps to offload storage operations and
optimizes computation efficiency. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) speeds up
data transfer and migration rates, while the support for OpenStack Cinder transforms
your Synology NAS into a block-based storage component.
Virtual Machine Manager
DS1819+ is designed with virtualization in mind. Virtual Machine Manager enables you
to test new software in sandboxes, isolate your customers’ machines, and increase the
flexibility of your server.
• Virtual DSM provides an equally intuitive experience as DiskStation Manager, offering a
reliable storage solution with robust features.
• Various Operating Systems Supported lets you run Windows, Linux, and VirtualDSM
on your Synology NAS in just a few steps.
• Snapshots for Virtual Machines is a snapshot technology provided by Virtual Machine
Manager, allowing you to perfectly clone and restore a virtual machine within seconds.
• Live Migration lets you seamlessly migrate Virtual DSM instances from one Synology NAS
• Flexible IT Resource Management enables you to allocate hardware resources such as
computing power, storage space, or network interfaces across several virtual machines.
• Multi-Tenant Environments allow you to create multiple isolated virtual machines for
subsidiary business units or departments.
• Synology iSCSI Storage fully supports most virtualization solutions to enhance work
efficiency with a simple management interface.
Running on Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM)
Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM) is a web-based operating system tailor-made
for every Synology NAS. Featuring an intuitive multitasking user interface, DSM provides
simple desktop-like experience to minimize the efforts in exploring and managing your
The built-in Package Center allows you to download and install a variety of packages
designed specifically for your unique needs, including file backup, virtualization,
productivity, safeguard security and utilities.
With all the built-in and add-on features, DSM provides you with complete and
fine-grained control of your DS1819+, maximizing your productivity and make the best
out of your digital assets. All can be done with just a few clicks.